When I was a kid I thought your 20s were supposed to be fun, not filled with perpetual anxiety about financial stability and constantly feeling like an unaccomplished piece of shit.
That’s because it was fun for baby boomers and they basically gave us this impression it would always be like that, but then they ruined the economy.
My name is Melissa, I am bisexual. this blog posts whatever, so dont expect wonderful things out of me :) I love you all, and if you ever need help, feel free to ask me :)Ask the Potato... She loves questions! Submit
living in a small town is wonderful
- are there a lot of modes of transportation? nope! you either drive or you’re out of luck basically
- are there a lot of job opportunities? no! of course not
- are there things to do? hang out at the grocery store or go to the only movie theater the town has!
- are the people nice? of course not! not at all!
- are you close to anything interesting? nope! everything interesting happens hours away and you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere
at my school there’s an english teacher and an american teacher and they always glare at each other and when they pass each other in the hallway the american teacher will say ‘good show governor’ or something and the english teacher will say ‘god bless the land of the free’ and both in terrible accents and like the whole school ships it
when i first read this i thought to myself, what school teaches american as a subject?
it’s really funny bc like listening to english majors talk about their classes or projects theyre really articulate and they use complex words and stuff and it’s very prestigious sounding and then you listen to science majors and if theyre just talking amongst themselves it sounds more like “yeah i put the compound in the thing and honestly i was hoping for a little boom but all i got was a sizzle i dont know what i did wrong.”